Wednesday, November 4, 2015

General Women's Conference!

This week I got sick during exchanges Haha. We had exchanges this week and I got to go to El Monte with Hermana Hansen she's from Idaho and pretty cool. We got to teach a bunch of people, and it was a fun experience. Later that night an hermana dropped off some pizza for us, but believe me it was good and yeah I got pretty sick afterwards, we went home and I wanted to puke and my belly was hurting a lot, oh and by the way I lost 5 pounds haha yeah but it was a great time with Hermana Hansen. Later the next day they tell us that our mission president is going to come to our apartment and check how clean it is haha and I'm thinking no I feel terrible, and I wasn’t feeling good enough to quickly clean our apartment but I told him that I was not feeling ok and he just said to take this herbal tea and I did, I felt great afterwards haha. Another awesome thing that happened is that we invited our investigator to get baptized and he said yes!!!!! He is really cool and his name is Miguel, he loves his family and he wants to be a better example to them. I see him getting baptized soon :) Also, this week we had women's conference and it was great I loved Elder Uchtdorf’s talk. "There is enough that doesn’t go right in life, so anyone can work themselves into a puddle of pessimism and a mess of melancholy. But I know people who, even when things don’t work out, focus on the wonders and miracles of life. … As you walk along your own bright path of discipleship, I pray that faith will fortify every footstep along your way; that hope will open your eyes to the glories Heavenly Father has in store for you; and that love for God and all His children will fill your hearts. I love it. He is just great and I can't wait for conference. And we are going to the temple!!!! Now I'm more excited, I just love the temple. I just need that time in the temple and forget about everything else. I hope you all have the time to prepare for the Temple. I love it!! As a missionary it’s like a car needing gas to keep going haha. My companion and I have been working really hard and now that we are walking, and walking we have been able to talk to more people. I love being a missionary and bearing my testimony every time I teach someone. I always pray for Heavenly Father to bless us that his spirit may be with us throughout the day and every time I teach I feel the spirit, I Know this church is true, without a doubt in my mind. I love talking to people and teach them with power and knowing that it's true like Jesus did. I love my savior and as I read the scriptures I come to know him more. Watch conference you guys!!! And write down some questions before, and I know Heavenly Father will answer you. :) Have a great week Love y'all 

Hermana Escalante


No comments:

Post a Comment