Wednesday, November 4, 2015

FIRST WEEK IN MY NEW AREA!!!!!

FIRST WEEK IN MY NEW AREA!!!!! It’s all good, not knowing the area is pretty hard and being in a trio is pretty interesting. Haha my new companions are pretty cool, we have a lot of things in common and they are very nice and love to work hard. In this area we have some challenges but Heavenly Father put me here for a reason and to work. Our goal in this area is to find more people, we have a lot of people with baptismal dates but they are not progressing and we are trying our best to get them to take that step to baptism. One of the things I was reading this week was in John 21:15-17 which is one of my favorite teachings Jesus did when he was on earth. He said: “So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, FEED MY LAMBS. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, FEED MY SHEEP.He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, FEED MY SHEEP.” I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do. Jeffrey R. Holland. Our father in heaven wants us to feed his sheep to go out there and help those in need. If we love him we will do everything he asks us to do. I want to forget myself and go to work, like president Hinckley said. The gospel is true y'all , there are people out there that need to hear about the gospel, and Heavenly Father puts you out there because he knows how capable we are of teaching. I love being a missionary and helping those souls. OKAY ENOUGH FOR THE SPIRITUAL PART!!! San Gabriel is crazy, holy cow there are a lot of ASIANS here. Well I guess I don't need to go to china anymore, I feel like I’m living in China here, It’s like Miami with Cubans, just imagine. But other than that I love it here, it's pretty busy.  On Saturday we decided to go and contact people because here it's a mini New York busy and people are walking everywhere so we decide to contact Latinos. We probably found 3 that were Latinos haha.  As we contacted one person, we told him who we were and our purpose and the guy tells us “I know who you are" I'm like yeah!??? He said you guys are my neighbors and since I don't know everyone we were like, “awesome" can we pass by your house and share something with you?! He said "yes but he was busy all the time, but hey he lives close to us so he ain't going nowhere haha.  My body hurts so much from biking, I haven't biked this much in my life, Azusa was a piece of cake but here holy cow we bike everywhere to get to places and people live so far, because we live downtown it's hard to get to most places, this week we talked to 30 people in total. It's awesome since the three of us are pretty new in the area we are trying to find more people. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week!!

Hermana Escalante

No comments:

Post a Comment