Monday, March 21, 2016

Another investigator named Ricardo!


HELLO EVERYONE!!! Como estan!??
This week was a busy week as well. Man I never thought we would have so many meetings as a sister training leader. I can honestly say I'm exhausted, but I like staying busy it makes me forget that I go home
in 6 months. That's a good thing right!? Also I got to go on exchanges with my (mission daughter) Hermana Scott. Oh man how much I love that girl and miss her. We pretty much went to their area and helped them and we bused and walked, and it was freaking HOT. It reminded us of the summer days of 109 degrees of sweat and thirst back in Azusa. It was fun though and we talked about the good old days in Azusa. Oh how I miss my first area and the peeps. I'm not sure if I already said this but our investigator (RICARDO) that Hermana Murdock and I found is getting baptized on APRIL 3rd. We are so excited, he is so ready. A really cool miracle happened this week, one of our potential investigator (Jessica) that we visited when I first came, but was not progressing at all called us one night and asked us why we had stopped visiting her and we explained, that she wasn't progressing or keeping her commitments, so she asked us to go to her home, cause she needed us. So we went to her home and she was so happy and she said that she could feel the bad things going away from her home when we went in, lol but she actually introduced us to her brother (Ricardo) lol another Ricardo. And he had tattoos everywhere and looked like he needed help. He talked to us how he went to the Catholic Church and everyone was talking crap about him and stuff and how they just want their money. Lol and he said "I'm looking for a better church" and wants to repent and start over. So we talked about repentance and our purpose as missionaries. He wanted to check our church, so we had a church tour, but when he came he didn't bring another girl with him, and we couldn't proceed with the tour if there wasn't another girl, so he was like "hold up" I'll go bring someone. So he went back home, brought his niece and a baby haha and he came back to church. hahaha he said satisfied!?? Lol oh man he’s a especial one. But we invited him to get baptized and he said yes!!!! And he also came to church on Sunday and I'm not sure if he liked it because some Chinese person from the stake came and spoke really broken English and he was falling asleep so, we will see what happens this week. Haha but his baptismal date is for April 17th and he said that he does want to become a better person. Yay!! This week I know that it will be a better one, little by little we are finding more people who are ready to get baptized. One of the things I want to do better as a missionary is to apply everything I learn in my studies, I feel like every day we study as missionaries but we forget during the day of the things that we studied. So I want to improve on that. This week I want to remember more what Jesus Christ did for me and all of us, he is a special person in my life and I can testify that he lives, and that he stands at the head of this church guiding us. I know that the atonement can help us in our hard times, Jesus Christ is the only one who understands us and can heal us from everything we've done. I invite you all to ponder on the things that the savior has done for you. Have a great week everyone..

CHAO,
Hermana Crystel Escalante
🕊

                                                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment