Sunday, April 12, 2015

I have been eating a lot of tacos!!!

Hi friends!
Well this weekend was conference and as a missionary we need to hear from the apostles more. Haha and we need words of wisdom, But conference was great. It helps me keep going with the lords work.  I have been walking a lot because my bike was broken and I didn't really use it was just for a minute and something broke so we asked the elders to help us fix it and they couldn't so we had to take it somewhere else for them to fix it. Hopefully this week I get it back. We have a baptism this Saturday but not our investigator, but she's awesome.  Last week we went to the LA temple and it was huge and beautiful. We did two sessions. But it was awesome.  We have this investigator who has a baptismal date for
April 26th her name is Vilma she is doing great but we haven't talked to her lately because she has family that just came from El Salvador so she has been busy.but hopefully she still wants to hear more.  And sorry I haven't been writing a lot. I have been busy but I don't receive emails from anyone so that's another thing I haven't been writing to y'all haha. My companion leaves in 6 months so I'm pretty upset. But we have to keep going. The people here do need the gospel and there are lots of Hispanics here and just imagine I have been eating a lot of tacos!!! They are Great. I've been telling the elders to find me a scale cause I feel fat but my companion says I'm not. Haha so people here when they first see me, the first thing they ask me is “if I'm from Egypt or if I'm Arabic!! Haha or somewhere from the Middle East hahaha it is so funny when I get those questions I'm just like laughing and my companion  says it's true haha. Azusa is very small and RELLLLYYY hot. Everywhere I go I have my umbrella with me to protect my skin from the sun I tell my companion that I don't want to get darker haha so she laughs every time I use the umbrella for the sun. And yes I am more tanner. But it shows that I'm working hard. Missionary work is hard but not  impossible. My testimony has grown so much. And I love this gospel so much. Happy Late Easter! Write me. I have an iPad so I can see the messages but I can't respond you until Monday. Take care amigos! Go out with the missionaries, members do help a whole lot with the work. I love my God and Jesus Christ and the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church today on earth. I love our prophet Thomas S. Monson. I do sustain him and when they called them at conference I raised my arm really high because he  is our prophet today  and he is called of God.  Love y'all and take care.
Besos,

Hermana Escalante





1 comment:

  1. AAAAAH, I just wrote you a long post and when I went to publish it, it disappeared! I will write you later, but want you to know I've read your posts and will be in touch. Much love to you, Bett Macia

    ReplyDelete