Tuesday, May 19, 2015

This week was AWESOME!!!!!

This week was AWESOME!!!!! We have two baptismal dates!!! Ahhh I'm so excited, one of them is Cesar and he is 14 years old. His parents are members but less actives. And he told us that he had taken a bible class in school and that he had been praying for God to help him with tests and he said God is real and he is there and he told us that he wants to learn more. He is ready and he wants to do good things. We extended the invitation to him to get baptized and he said, yes!!! On June 14th :) hopefully he gets there, I'm praying that he is ready that day. :) The other one is a lady named Soledad, we've been
to her house 3 times and we read the Book of Mormon with her 2 Nephi 31 about baptism and how it's very important and we also extended the invitation for her to get baptized and she said YESSSS!! On June 28th, Haha we love her she is great, we hope she is ready on that day. But I have faith that she will be ready she always tells us that she has to read because she knows we will ask her questions. Lol it was great. Oh this week we went on exchanges and my companion went to another area for a day and I stayed with another sister and I was terrified because I'm still learning the area, I know the main streets but
Ugh I was so nervous about getting lost or not finding anyone, but it went great we actually found new people! This week we did a lot of finding and we actually were walking (like always) or biking and we met this lady that we stopped cause she had the cutest puppy. We always make an  excuse to stop people or just say something random to talk, and share the gospel Told her we are missionaries, she said she has talked to missionaries and invited us to her house!!! She let us share our message with her. :) She told us that her husband is from chile, and he is a member but has been inactive for
like 20 years. She is catholic but not an active one, she has always wanted to earn more about LDS church, her husband always had excuses, busy working and never had time to go with her and they always went to the Catholic church. But we invited them to come to church and she said she would ask her husband and maybe they would come to church.
THEY CAME!!!!!!!! I was so happy, they left early but at least they came to the most important part of church the sacrament! They invited us to come over their house sometime this week because they would like to learn more so we may have another baptismal date?! Aghhhhhh I'm excited oh yeah her name is CITA(which in English it means appointment) she is awesome. Heavenly Father is awesome and he puts people in our way who are ready :)  I invite all of you who are members to please  give referrals to the missionaries cause members need to help us with this work too,it's not easy. It's hard for people sometimes to really be interested. If you have a neighbor that feels that hey they need to hear the gospel I encourage you to give them to the elders or sisters. It would
be wonderful, because we would love to receive a lot of referrals from members but they are lazy. Thanks! And please email me, cause I want to hear from yall too. Lol I know this church is true, I know that as we ask Heavenly Father for something he will help us. I know that he lives, I know the scriptures are true because I always pray for Heavenly Father to help me understand them. I love them and they help be a better person and a
better missionary. I love our prophet Thomas s. Monson and know he is our prophet today  I know that testimonies can change people's lives.Increase your faith like elder Richard g. Scott invited us to do 4things that will strengthen our faith and increase our testimony for
this gospel. 1. Pray 2. Scripture study. 3. FHE. 4. Temple attendance.Go to the temple, the members here have the temple so close here 40 minutes away  and they Dont go!! Ahh I would go every week. The temple is wonderful and it's a way to feel Heavenly Father close to us. I love it. Also remember  this , it was from conference about Latter Day
Saints I love it cause it helps me keep going. "My invitation to all of us is to evaluate our lives, repent, and keep on trying. If we don’t try, we’re just latter-day sinners; if we don’t persevere, we’re latter-day quitters; and if we don’t allow others to try, we’re just
latter-day hypocrites. As we try, persevere, and help others to do the same, we are true Latter-day Saints. As we change, we will find that God indeed cares a lot more about who we are and about who we are becoming than about who we once were. Let us be LATTER DAY SAINTS. I love this quote. Share the gospel with everyone! Well have a great
week everyone!
Love yall,

Hermana Escalante

Yum!
 
They are so happy because they get a car to go shopping.
                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment